Guidelines for Mission Shakti Scheme
Ministry of Women and Child Development recently released guidelines for ‘Mission Shakti’ scheme.
- Mission Shakti Scheme was launched by Government of India.
- It will be implemented for the period of 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- It an integrated women empowerment programme.
- It will act as an umbrella scheme for security, safety, and empowerment of women
- Newly released guidelines will be applicable with effect from April 1, 2022.
What is Mission Shakti?
Mission Shakti is a scheme, launched in mission mode. It aims to strengthen interventions for safety, security and empowerment of women. It aims to realise the commitment of government for “women-led development‟. This commitment will be fulfilled by:
- Directing the issues affecting women on the basis of life-cycle continuum
- Making women equal partners in nation-building.
Mission Shakti further seeks to turn women economically empowered so that they can exercise free choice on their minds and bodies in an environment which is free from violence and threat. It will also decrease care burden on women and improve female labour force participation. Female labour force participation will be promoted through skill development, financial literacy, capacity building, etc.
Sub-schemes of Mission Shakti
Mission Shakti has two sub-schemes:
- Sambal- Sambal sub-scheme deals with the safety and security of women. It comprises of “One Stop Centre (OSC), Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) and One Stop Centres” components under a new component called “Nari Adalats”, which is collectives of women for promoting and provide alternative dispute resolution and gender justice.
- Samarthya– Samarthya sub-scheme deals with the empowerment of women. It comprises of components of schemes like Ujjwala, Swadhar Greh and Working Women Hostel, with some modifications. National Creche Scheme for children of working mothers as well as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) have also been included under this sub-scheme.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|