Google Maps Street View in India
Google Maps recently launched its “street view service” in 10 cities in India in association with two local companies Genesys International and Tech Mahindra. Earlier, government had not allowed to show the panoramic images of roads and other sited, highlighting the security reasons.
Highlights of the Google Maps Street View:
- The Street View Services will be available on Google Maps.
- For this service, fresh imagery has been licensed from local partners covering more than 1,50,000 km in ten cities in India.
- The 10 cities in which this service has been launched include; Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Nasik, Hyderabad, Vadodara, Amritsar and Ahmednagar.
- Google has planned to expand the services to over 50 cities by end of 2022.
- The Street view is being brought to life in India, by local partners making it first such instance in the world.
- Street View APIs will also be provided to local developers. It will enable them to deliver rich mapping experiences in their services.
Important features of the Google Map Street View in India include;
- As a part of the Street View Services, Google Maps will showcase speed limits data, that will be shared by traffic authorities. This facility will start from Bengaluru.
- In Bengaluru, Google will also partnership with traffic police in a bid to deliver models that optimises traffic light timings in a better manner.
- It will help the local traffic authority to manage road congestion at important intersections.
Google also announced to collaborate with Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), in a bid to provide air quality information. Information regarding the air quality can be accessed through ‘Layers’ button at top right in Maps app and clicking the ‘Air Quality’ option.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|