Giriraj Singh launches People’s Plan Campaign 2021
Union Minister for Panchayati Raj & Rural Development, Giriraj Singh, launched “People’s Plan Campaign 2021- Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas” on September 30, 2021.
- He also launched a Vibrant Gram Sabha Dashboard on the occasion.
- A booklet on People Plan Campaign-2021 was also released on order to prepare the plans for Financial Year 2022-23.
- Minister also launched the 10th issue of Gramoday Sankalp Magazine.
Need of accountable gram sabhas
According to the minister, there is an emergent need of meaningful & accountable Gram Sabhas as well as proper utilisation of funds. There is also a need of raising own source revenues by Panchayats, bridging digital divide in rural areas, use of innovation & technology, converging all the resources available under several Flagship Programmes by Panchayati Raj Institutions etc.
About People’s plan campaign
- People’s Plan Campaign 2021 will be conducted with better people’s participation.
- Under the campaign, each activity will promote a sense of camaraderie and commitment in the citizens towards a common goal of overall development of villages.
- Campaign will be undertaken on a large scale and special efforts will be made in order to ensure maximum participation of vulnerable sections of society such as SC/ST/Women.
Aim of Panchayat Development Plan
Panchayat Development plan aims to strengthen the role of elected representatives of Panchayats as well as SHG Women under the DAY-NRLM in Gram Sabha.
Creation of assets
On the occasion, minister also suggested that, Panchayats should create assets from the allocated funds in order to increase the income sources of Panchayats.
Vibrant Gram Sabha Dashboard
Vibrant Gram Sabha Dashboard was launched in order to help in increasing maximum participation by means of meeting of Gram Sabha, meeting of elected Panchayat Public Representatives and Standing Committee meeting of Gram Panchayat.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|