Ganga Quest 2022 Competition
In 2019, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) in association with the Tree Craze Foundation, began the Ganga Quest which is an online quiz. This year’s Ganga Quest 2022 began on 7th April 2022 and till now over one lakh people, especially children, have participated.
- 22nd May, which is observed as the International Day for Biological Diversity, is the last day of the quiz.
- The winners of this competition will be announced along with a Live Quiz on 5th June 2022 on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- The Ganga Quest can be played by an individual on the website www.clap4ganga.com.
- Ganga Quest 2022’s registration began on 22nd March 2022 on the occasion of World Water Day.
Themes of the Ganga Quest 2022
The Ganga Quest 2022 is being played on four themes and they are:
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and Arth Ganga,
- Famous places and personalities and Physical Geography
- Governance and Current Affairs
- Flora and Fauna & Pollution/Water Treatment Technologies.
The 1st prize winners will receive a laptop, and the 2nd and 3rd prize winners will receive either a tablet or a kindle.
The quiz structure has been designed in such a manner that all age groups who are above the age of 10, especially students, are covered. The 3 categories created for the quiz are:
- Grade-I: Up to Class VIII
- Grade II: Class IX-XII
- Grade III: Adults/ Institutions/ University/ Senior Citizens.
The quiz has three rounds that include Questions to Assess Knowledge, Questions to Build Knowledge, and Short Survey.
About Ganga Quest
In 2019, the Ganga Quest was started with the aim of sensitizing children and the youth and imparting knowledge about the River Ganga including its historical, physical geography, and cultural significance, the governance structure, biodiversity, current affairs, prior efforts, famous personalities and places, livelihood significance, socio-economic importance, pollution in the river and the various steps being taken to preserve the River. Since its inception, the Ganga Quest has been a successful platform to engage children in the government’s Namami Gange Programme as well as a great learning experience for the people. The quest has been effective in generating interest in the environment, and rivers, and building an informed younger generation sensitive towards the rivers of the nation and their ecosystems.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|