Ganga Mashaal starts Journey from Uttarakhand
The Ganga Mashaal started its journey, formally from Rishikesh and Haridwar in Uttarakhand on November 8, 2021.
- Mashaal will travel to a total of 23 stations along river Ganga.
- It will help in sensitization of local people and Namami Gange volunteers.
- Journey will be supported by District Administration, field volunteers such as Ganga Vichar Manch, Ganga Praharis, Ganga Doot (NYKS), Ganga Mitras.
- Mashaal is being carried by the brave men of Ganga Task Force (GTF).
- The journey will end up at Ganga Sagar in West Bengal.
Union Minister of Law and Justice, Kiren Rijiju and Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, flagged off the Ganga Mashaal from New Delhi, during Ganga Utsav on November 3, 2021.
Ganga Mashaal in Rishikesh
Ganga Mashal was welcomed at Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh. It was followed by lighting of the lamp, Saraswati Vandana, Nukkad Natak on Swachhta, Ganga Aarti, and other cultural performances by school children & youth from National Cadet Corps (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS).
Ganga Mashaal in Haridwar
Ganga Mashaal was welcomed by WAPCOS and Wildlife Institute of India, in Haridwar.
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) celebrated Ganga Utsav every year, on November 4. The day marks the anniversary of announcement of River Ganga as ‘National River’. The Utsav is organised with the objective of promoting stakeholder engagement and ensuring public participation. It highlights the significance of public participation in revival of River Ganga.
Ganga Utsav 2021
Ganga Utsav 2021 was the 5th edition of the event. It was held in New Delhi from November 1 to November 3, 2021.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|