Exercise Cobra Warrior
India’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, that has been indigenously designed, developed and manufacture, is set to take part in the famed ‘Cobra Warrior’ exercises.
- Cobra Warrior is a multi-nation air exercise, that will be held at Royal Air Force (station) Waddington in United Kingdom.
- Earlier, Tejas took part in flying displays at international air shows in Dubai and Singapore.
- For the first time, it will be out in an international air exercise of this magnitude.
About Cobra Warrior Exercises
Cobra Warrior Exercises are the largest joint military exercises, which are conducted by Royal Air Force (RAF) in United Kingdom for more than a decade. These exercises are the most challenging training for aircrew. It is also the final step for aircrew that seek to qualify as Qualified Weapons Instructors (QWI), QWI Intelligence, Qualified Multi-engine Tactics Instructors, Surveillance & Reconnaissance and Qualified Space Instructors Course.
2022 edition of the exercise
The upcoming Cobra Warrior exercises will witness:
- Pilots from Indian Air Force, who will be flying five Tejas fighters
- Combat aircraft from Royal Air Force and other leading air forces, including from Belgium, Saudi Arabia, and Sweden.
On February 23, five Tejas fighters would fly out to the United Kingdom. Necessary transport support to Tejas will be provided by an IAF, C-17 Globemaster III military transport aircraft and two C-130Js. These aircrafts will help in induction and de-induction of Tejas. They would also ferry maintenance crew and ground equipment.
When will the exercise be held?
The exercise is scheduled to be held from March 6, 2022 to March 27, 2022.
Aim of the exercise
The Cobra Warrior Exercises will be held with the aim of providing operational exposure and share best practices amongst participating air forces. It will also enhance combat capability and forge bonds of friendship. On this platform, LCA Tejas would demonstrate its manoeuvrability and operational capability.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|