EatSmart Cities Challenge and Transport 4 All Challenge
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs recently launched the EatSmart Cities Challenge and Transport 4 All Challenge. The main objective of the EatSmart Cities Challenge is to create an environment of right food practices and habits. The Transport 4 all challenge aims to make public transport safe, comfortable, affordable and reliable.
EatSmart Cities challenge
- It aims to create a competitive spirit in the cities. Through this it will recognise the efforts that scale up various initiatives under Eat Right India.
- The challenge has been opened in all smart cities of India. Also, it has been opened in cities with a population of more than five lakh.
- The challenge will motivate smart cities to develop a plan to support sustainable food environment. Also, it will support them in developing physical, economic and social infrastructure along with the application of smart solutions.
Transport 4 All Challenge
- The challenge was launched in collaboration with the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy.
- The main objective of the challenge is to bring together cities, startups and citizen groups in developing solutions that help improve public transport.
- The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy is a non-governmental organisation. It mainly focuses on developing transit systems and promote walking and biking. Also it will improve private bus operator margins.
- The transport sector was hit badly as COVID-19 crisis brought the entire world to a halt. This challenge has the potential to support cities to recover from this crisis.
GoI measures to address urban transport issues
The National Electric Mobility Mission plan was launched to promote hybrid and electric vehicles. The FAME India mission was launched to expand the market of electric vehicles by increasing their production in the country.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|