Dialogue Towards Clean Air
On 7th March 2022, the Union environment minister and the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) in the National Capital Region (NCR) inaugurated a two-day interactive session in Gurugram named “Dialogue Towards Clean Air”.
- This session was inaugurated to find solutions regarding problems related to air pollution by involving stakeholders and looking at technologies.
- Minister for environment, forest and climate change Bhupender Yadav inaugurated this event.
- The government is looking towards incorporating public suggestions which can lead to a comprehensive action plan for the NCR.
- The efforts taken by the commission to improve air quality across the NCR were also highlighted.
- Citizens were also requested to take care of their surroundings and to take responsibility for the waste that was being generated by them.
- MM Kutty, chairperson of the Commission for Air Quality Management, said that the commission is focussing on effective state coordination, doing research, effective problem-solving, and identifying technologies that could be implemented on the ground.
Major pollution contributing sector in the NCR
Vehicles, Industries, road dust, building and demolition waste, solid waste, biomass incineration, landfill fires, and stubble burning are the major sectors that contribute to pollution in the NCR and surrounding areas. The use of the best available and practicable technology, which will be the fundamental element for pollution control and prevention, must be prioritised in pollution control.
About Commission for Air Quality Management
The Commission was set up for Managing the Air Quality in the National Capital Region and its adjoining areas for better research, identification, coordination, and resolution of problems relating to the air quality index. The CAQM, since its inception, has taken various air pollution measures across different sectors as well as in different states of the NCR, with 7 advisories and 61 statutory directions issued.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|