Convergence Portal between AIF, PMFME scheme & PMKSY
A convergence portal was jointly launched by the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) and Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare to increase the potential of India’s agriculture and food processing sector.
- The convergence portal brings together Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) scheme, Pradhan Mantri Micro Food Enterprises Upgradation Scheme (PMFME) and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY).
- A standard operating procedure (SOP) was also issued to provide maximum benefits under these three schemes.
- It aims to boost the concept of “Vocal for Local”.
- The convergence portal aims to ensure effective collaboration between all ministries and departments and improving access to these schemes and creating positive impact for farmers and small-scale entrepreneurs of the food processing industry.
- The Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) is a financing facility launched in 2020 to improve post-harvest management infrastructure and community farm assets through benefits like 3 per cent interest subvention and credit guarantee support. Under this, Rs.1 lakh crore funds are provided from 2020-21 to 2025-26 and interest subvention and credit guarantee assistance will be provided until 2032-33.
- The AIF has the facility of convergence with other schemes implemented by states and central government, enabling the optimization of multiple government schemes for a specific project.
- The PMFME scheme was launched to provide financial, technical and commercial assistance for the upgradation of micro food processing enterprises across India. It will be implemented from 2020-21 to 2024-25. The total outlay for this scheme is Rs.10,000 crore. It uses the One District One Product (ODOP) approach to boost procurement, avail common services and marketing of products.
- The PMKSY is a centrally sponsored scheme launched to boost infrastructure to improve supply chain management from farm to retail outlets. It aims to create mega food parks, improve cold chain and value addition infrastructure, food safety and quality assurance infrastructure, agro-processing clusters etc.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|