‘Azadi Ki Amrit Kahaniya’ Video series
On 26th April 2022, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launched ‘Azadi Ki Amrit Kahaniya.’ It is a short video series that has been created in collaboration with the OTT platform Netflix. This launch keeps in line with the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav of the government.
- This is a long-term partnership under which diverse stories and different themes will be highlighted.
- Netflix will be producing two-minute short films and then they will be shared on social media platforms and telecasted on the Doordarshan network.
- Netflix and the ministry will also be partnering to develop a creative ecosystem in the country by organizing training programs for VFX, post-production, music production, animation, etc.
Twenty-five videos will be produced by Netflix on various themes that include environment, women empowerment, sustainable development as well as other days of significance.
The first phase of the initiative
In the first phase of this initiative, short videos will be released featuring seven Women Changemakers from across India. The changemakers include:
- Poonam Nautiyal, a healthcare worker who walked miles across Uttarakhand’s Bageshwar district to vaccinate everyone.
- Tessy Thomas, India’s first woman scientist to head a missile project.
- Tanvi Jagadish, the country’s first competitive woman stand-up paddleboarder, etc.
Aim of the initiative
This initiative has been launched with the aim of bringing out inspiring stories of Indians and these stories will be motivating and empowering more people in the country to achieve their goals. Also. the ministry through this collaboration hopes to attract filmmakers from across the globe to come to India to make documentaries and films to showcase it to the entire planet.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|