Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav – North East Festival
The week-long Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav – North East Festival began on 28th April 2022 and it will be showcasing the potential of the Northeast region.
- This week-long festival will be held across the 8 states of the northeast region in their own significant and special manner.
- The festival will culminate at a Valedictory event that will be held at Guwahati on 4th May 2022.
- This festival’s coordinating body is the Ministry of DoNER.
About the festival
This festival is being leveraged to discuss the various fundamental aspects of the development of India’s Northeast region. This festival will be celebrating aspiration, hope, and vision for a prosperous and developed North East Region. Starting from the 29th of April, every day will be celebrated under a different theme across the 8 different states. Cultural programs will also be held that will celebrate the uniqueness of this region and will also be highlighting its potential.
Themes of the festival
- Shillong: Investment Potential and future energy needs of North East (29th April)
- Itanagar: Welfare of Tribals and Border Management (30th April)
- Gangtok: The Smart City Revolution in the North East (30th April)
- Agartala: Role of women in the development of North East (1st May)
- Aizawl: Eco-Tourism in North East (2nd May)
- Dimapur: Agri Horti and organic products potential of North East (2nd May)
- Sports Potential of the North East region will be celebrated as a parallel to Sports week.
- Imphal: The culmination would be celebrated (3rd May)
The valedictory session of this festival would be celebrated on 4th May at Guwahati.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|