Ayushman Bharat Diwas: April 30
Every year, the Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on April 30 in India.
Why is Ayushman Bharat Diwas celebrated?
The Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated to achieve twin missions. They are to promote health and wellness to the poor and also to provide insurance benefits to them.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Ayushman Bharat Scheme has so far operationalised 75,532 Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre. It has fixed a target of 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centre by 2022.
- The beneficiaries are chosen from the Socio-Economic Census Database.
- It is the largest health cover in the world.
- It aims to provide five lakh rupees of health cover per family per year.
- The beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is from bottom 40% of Indian Population.
- The scheme also covers fifteen days of pre-hospitalisation and fifteen days of post-hospitalisation. This includes the expenses of medicines and tests.
- The scheme subsumed the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- The scheme has packages that include knee replacement, bypass and other treatments provided at 15% cheaper than the Central Government Health Schemes.
- The “Ayushman Mitra” initiative was started to provide employment to the unemployed. More than ten lakh jobs were created under the Ayushman Mitra initiative. The Ayushman Mitras were deployed directly in private hospitals and government hospitals.
- The youth employed under the scheme will receive salary of Rs 15,000. Also, they receive incentive of Rs 50 on every beneficiary.
- The Ayushman Mitras should provide key information to the beneficiaries. They should inform the state agency after the discharge of the patient.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|