ASIGMA: Indian Army’s In-house Messaging app
The Indian Army launched a contemporary messaging application named, ASIGMA, which is dubbed as “Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application”.
It will replace the AWAN (Army Wide Area Network) messaging application. AWAN has been in service for last 15 years.
Who has developed the ASIGMA App?
- The new generation web-based messaging application has been developed entirely in-house, exclusively by a team of officers of ‘Corps of Signals’ of the Indian Army.
- The messaging app is being developed on Army’s internal network.
- It has been developed in line with the Government’s Make in India initiative.
About ASIGMA App
- ASIGMA app has been sent out on Army-owned hardware. It will cater to the army from this time forward and lending itself to lifetime support with future upgrades.
- It is designed to meet all futuristic requirements for Indian army and boasts of an enhanced user experience.
- The app comprises of several contemporary features line multi-level security, message prioritisation & tracking, dynamic global address book, and options to meet the present requirements of the army.
- It will meet the real-time data transfer and messaging requirements of the Army, particularly in the backdrop of current geopolitical security environment.
Significance of the App
The Indian Army has braced for automation in a major way, post COVID-19 pandemic. It is taking several steps towards paperless functioning. ASIGMA App will further boost these efforts by the Army and will add to the host of other applications which have been employed by the Army over its network.
Topics: Indian Army
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|