ASEAN-India High Level Conference on Renewable Energy
ASEAN and India held high level conference on Renewable Energy on February 7, 2022.
- On the occasion, Indian Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy R K Singh highlighted that, India and ASEAN can together develop an entire ecosystem for renewable energy (RE). They will also explore the joint initiative to build RE manufacturing hubs in the region.
- Minister noted that, both sides can work together for developing an entire ecosystem for renewables which promotes knowledge sharing, technical assistance and capacity building.
- Both sides can also explore joint initiatives to develop renewable energy manufacturing hubs in the region.
- He also applauded ASEAN’s efforts for achieving the development of an ASEAN power grid.
- He noted that, India foresees opportunities for expanding ASEAN power grid integration beyond the bloc to Indian sub-continent in line with “One Sun – One World – One Grid” initiative.
- He reiterated India’s commitment for working together with ASEAN in order to establish a strong relationship in renewables sector, on the basis of their historical and cultural ties.
Theme of the conference
The conference was held under the theme “Experience and Innovations for Integrated Renewables Market”.
Who is organising the conference?
The conference is being organised by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Ministry of External Affairs, from February 7 to February 8, 2022.
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
ASEAN is a regional grouping, which promotes political, economic, and security cooperation. It was established in Bangkok in August 1967. It was established with the signing of ASEAN Declaration or Bangkok Declaration. Founding members of ASEAN were Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. Chairmanship of ASEAN rotates annually, on the basis of alphabetical order of English names of member states.
Members of ASEAN
ASEAN brings together ten Southeast Asian states namely, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam, Singapore and Thailand, into one organisation.
Category: International / World Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|