Ace Cricketer Mithali Raj announces retirement
Ace Indian Cricketer Mithali Raj took to Twitter on June 8, 2022 and announced retirement from all forms of cricket. She recently led the Indian team in Women’s World Cup 2022, which was recently concluded in New Zealand
Who is Mithali Raj?
Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian cricketer. As a right-handed batter, she played for India between 1999 and 2022. She captained for India between 2004 and 2022. She holds the record of highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket.
Records held by Mithali Raj
- Mithali Raj holds various records in international cricket.
- She is the only female cricketer score more than 7,000 run in One Day International
- She is the first player to score 7 consecutives 50s in ODIs.
- Apart from that, she has the record for most half-centuries in WODIs.
- During 2018 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, she became the first player from India among male or female, to touch the mark of 2000 runs in T20Is.
- She is also the first woman cricketer to score 2000 WT20I
- She became the permanent captain of India in 2005.
- Raj is the only female player, who captained for the country in more than one ICC ODI World Cup final, in 2005 and 2017.
- During India’s series against New Zealand Women in 2019, she became the first woman to play in 200 ODI matches.
- She also holds the record of being first woman to complete 20 years in international cricket.
Mithali Raj announced her retirement from T20Is in September 2019, to focus on ODI cricket, which she continued playing till retirement on June 8, 2022.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Sports Current Affairs
Topics: Mithali raj
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|