Modern Indian History MCQs
71. ” India after the war will become a running sore which will sap the strength of British Empire”
Who among the following had expressed this thought?
72. The efforts of which among the following leaders were successful passing of the Bombay Primary Education Act?
73. Who among the following leaders unsuccessfully introduced a Bill in the Imperial legislative Council to make compulsory primary education for children of 6-10 years in the British Era?
Consider the following:
For which among the above commodities, the peasants were forced to grow in India , making the British more and more rich?
75. Which among the following was the most important reason behind the increased debt burden in India in the last 100 years of the British Rule?
76. There were three people in the Indian National Congress whose influence and persuasion led to a sort of agreement between the INC and British , which led to talks between Gandhi and Lord Irwin, commonly known as Gandhi Irwin Pact. Who among the following 4 given options was not among these three?
Consider the following recommendations of a committee in pre-independence era:
- Short term measure: 1 Primary health center per 40,000 population, 30 beds,3 Sub centers and 2 medical officers
- Long term programme:Primary health units with a 75 bedded hospital per 10,000 -20,000 population;secondary health units with 650 bedded hospital, Regional Health units with 2,500 beds
This committee had triggered the public health reforms in India. Identify the name of this committee from the given options:
78. Till which of the following years, the appointments of the Civil Services were exclusively done by the Directors of the East India Company?
79. Which among the following event led the British government of Lord North to undertake a legislation to meet the situation and provide some form of legal government for the Indian possessions of the East India Company, which resulted in Regulating Act of 1773?
80. After which among the following events, the Cabinet Mission plan was thought to have become defunct?