Indian Polity & Constitution MCQs
Indian Polity & Constitution Objective / Multiple Choice (MCQs) Questions for Preparation of SSC-CGL, UPSC Civil Services, NDA, CDS, Railways and State Level Public Services Examinations of 2020-2021.
A chapterwise course of total 2850 MCQs divided into 60 chapters and 16 Mock Tests is available in Android app of GKToday under UPSC Prelims Category. Download Now
51. Which of the following statements are correct regarding the legislative powers of the Governor?
1. He can summon or prorogue the state legislature
2. He cannot dissolve the state legislative assembly
3. He does not address the state legislature at the commencement of the first session after each general election
4. He nominates one-sixth of the members of the state legislative council
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
52. What are the financial powers of the Governor amongst the following options?
53. Who was the first woman to become the Governor of a State in India?
54. Which Article states that there shall be a council of ministers with the chief minister as the head to aid and advise the governor?
55. The governor can make regulations for the peace and for ensuring social and economic advancement of the different sections of the population of which of the following states?
56. Why are deputy chief ministers are appointed?
57. Which act of Parliament abolished the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council?
58. When can the the Parliament can abolish a legislative council or create it?
59. Constitution has fixed the maximum and the minimum limits of state legislative councils but who decides the actual strength of a Council?
60. What is the meaning of adjournment ‘sine die’?
[contact-form-7 id="141158" title="Contact form 1"]