General Science Chemistry MCQs
Chemistry Objective (Multiple Choice) General Knowledge Questions & Answers for SSC-CGL, UPPSC, UPSC, NDA, CDS and UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination
141. Prafulla Chandra Ray, who is known as father of chemical science in India, was founder of India’s first pharmaceutical company. What is name of that company?
142. Which of the following is correct combination of masses of the three sub-atomic particles?
143. A tripositive ion has protons whose mass is equal to 23881 times that of an electron. What is the atomic number of that ion?
144. If the mass of an atom is 37 and atomic number is 17, then what shall be number of neutrons and protons in it?
145. Who was the first person to devise a periodic table of chemical elements arranged in order of their relative atomic masses?
146. Tartaric acid is used along with baking soda in baking breads and cakes. What is the use of Tartaric Acid in this process?
147. Why a milkman adds a very small amount of baking soda to fresh milk?
148. Indicators such as litmus can be used to determine:
- Acidity or alkalinity of a solution
- pH value of a solution
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
149. Which does the gas turn lime water milky?
150. Limestone, chalk and marble are different forms of which of the following compounds?