Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 makes provisions for a 3-tier system of Panchayati Raj for all the States having population of above__:
The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 makes the following salient provisions:
- To provide 3-tier system of Panchayati Raj for all the States having population of over 20 Lakhs.
- To hold Panchayat Elections regularly every 5 years.
- To provide reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Women (not less than 33%)
- To appoint State Finance Commission to make recommendations as regards the financial powers of the Panchayats.
- To constitute District Planning Committee to prepare draft development plan for the district as a whole.