Quiz 775: GK Questions for UPSC CSE
This quiz has 10 General Knowledge / GK Questions for UPSC CSE based on syllabus of GK of Competition examinations and previous years question papers.
1. The Mahzarnama was promulgated by Emperor Akbar in__?
Correct Answer: D [1579 A.D.]
Akbar issued Mahzarnama (or Infallibility Decree) to take all the religious matters into his own hands. This made him supreme in the religious matters. He issued Mahzarnama to curb the dominance of Ulema. It was written by Faizi in 1579 A.D.
2. What is the focal length of a concave lense with number -5D?
Correct Answer: D [20 cm]
3. Which among the following is world’s largest Mangrove forest?
Correct Answer: A [ Sundarbans]
Sundarbans – a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site. Sundrban has world’s largest mangrove forest which is home to wide range of fauna, including 260 bird species, the Bengal tiger and other threatened species such as the estuarine crocodile and the Indian python. It is also home to the rare Irrawaddy dolphin.
4. Which city is on the banks of “Seine” River?
Correct Answer: A [Paris]
5. Which among the following is a correct definition of ” saving” ?
Correct Answer: B [Total aggregate income less total aggregate consumption]
Consider the following statements:
- A bank can sell Non performing Assets to other companies.
- Banks have to keep aside extra funds for Non Performing Assets
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
Correct Answer: C [Both 1 & 2 are correct]
7. Which country is the world’s largest exporter of rice?
Correct Answer: D [India]
India is currently the world’s largest rice exporter with US$ 5.5 Billion. India’s rice exports constitutes about 26.3% of total rice exports in the world
8. What is epidermis made of?
Correct Answer: A [Dermatogen]
Dermatogen is the outer primary meristem of a plant or plant part that according to the histogen theory gives rise to epidermis, which is the outermost layer of the skin. Epidermis provides barrier to infection from environmental pathogens.
9. The Gurudwara ‘Panja Sahib’ is located in which neighbouring country of India?
Correct Answer: B [Pakistan]
Gurdwara Panja Sahib is a famous gurdwara located in Hasan Abdal, Pakistan. The shrine is considered to be particularly important as the handprint of the founder of Sikhism, Guru Nanak, is believed to be imprinted on a boulder at the gurdwara.
10. During cardiac failure, which of the following is advised as a first aid?
Correct Answer: A [Mouth to mouth resuscitation]
Performing CPR which meant checking the airway and doing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation in addition to chest compressions are the first aid during cardiac failures. Experts now advise chest compressions alone can keep the heart pumping and maintain blood flow for a few minutes until emergency workers arrive.