Quiz 71: Basic GK Questions for All Examinations
1. Who among the following is the Supreme Commander of Indian armed forces ?
Correct Answer: A [President of India]
India’s president is head of the Indian state, first citizen of India and supreme commander of the Indian armed forces.
2. Who among the following has authored the famous book ‘India Wins Freedom’ ?
Correct Answer: B [Maulana Abul Kalam Azad]
3. Jatiyo Sansad is the parliament of which among the following countries?
Correct Answer: C [Bangladesh]
4. In 1612, at which among the following places, the British established their first factory (trading post) in India ?
Correct Answer: B [Surat]
5. Velodrome is an arena for which among the following sporting events ?
Correct Answer: C [Track Cycling]
6. Which among the following scientists was known as ‘Wizard of Menlo Park’ ?
Correct Answer: A [Thomas Alva Edison]
7. Which among the rulers of Magadh founded the city of Patliputra (Patna) on the bank of river Ganges?
Correct Answer: B [Ajatshatru]
8. In which year Robert Edwin Peary became the first person to reach the North Pole ?
9. In which city is the dargah (tomb) of sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti located ?
Correct Answer: C [Ajmer]
10. In which year, Vijay Laxmi Pandit became the first woman President of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) ?