Quiz 614: Current Data on Indian Economy for Bank PO Examinations
1. Maximum share in India’s total external debt is of which among the following currency?
Correct Answer: A [US Dollar]
2. National Small Savings Fund is a part of which among the following?
Correct Answer: B [Public Account of India]
3. The minimum interest rate of a bank below which it is not viable to lend, is known as ____:
Correct Answer: B [Base Rate]
4. Which among the following programmes is NOT being implemented in India with assistance of World Bank?
Correct Answer: D [Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project]
5. If you go to the market and purchase an Air conditioner for your factory, then in economic terminology, you are most probably doing which among the following?
Correct Answer: A [Consumption]
Consumption, however asset creation is also correct (fixed asset
6. Reserve Tranche Position (RTP) is a term used in context with ____?
Correct Answer: D [International Monetary Fund]
7. Maximum share in total external debt of India is of ___
Correct Answer: A [Long-term borrowings]
8. What is the upper limit of Richter scale?
Correct Answer: D [No limit]
Richer scale was developed in 1935 by United States seismologist Charles Francis Richter. It is a logarithmic scale that runs from 1 to 9, though no upper limit exists, a magnitude 7 quake is 10 times more powerful than magnitude 6 quake.
9. Tibetan Plateau can be best placed in which among the following categories of Plateus?
Correct Answer: A [Intermontane Plateu]
Plateaus are classified according to their surrounding environment.
1. Intermontane plateaus are the highest in the world, bordered by mountains. The Tibetan Plateau is one such plateau.
2. Piedmont plateaus are bordered on one side by mountains and on the other by a plain or sea.
3. Continental plateaus are bordered on all sides by the plains or seas, forming away from mountains.
4. Volcanic plateaus are produced by volcanic activity. The Columbia Plateau in the north-western United States of America is one such plateau.
5. Dissected plateaus are highly eroded plateaus cut by rivers and broken by deep narrow valleys.
10. Cape Agulhas makes the dividing point between which of the two oceans?
Correct Answer: C [Atlantic Ocean and Indian Ocean]
Cape Agulhas is a rocky headland in the Western Cape, South Africa. It is the geographic southern tip of Africa and the official dividing point between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. (The actual division between the ocean currents is, however, a different matter. The point where the Agulhas current meets the Benguela current fluctuates seasonally between Cape Agulhas and Cape Point.) (wikipedia)