Quiz 592: GK Questions for SSC-Banking Examinations
Consider the following:
- Botanical Survey of India
- Zoological Survey of India
- Archeological Survey of India
- Anthropological Survey of India
Which among the following represents the correct chronological arrangement of their establishments ?
Correct Answer: B [3 1 2 4]
Botanical Survey of India 1887,
Zoological Survey of India 1916,
ASI 1784 as Asiatic Society of Bengal ,
Anthropological Survey of India 1945
2. The premises of India’s Finance Ministry are also known as ___?
Correct Answer: C [North Block]
The premises of India’s Finance Ministry is also known as North Block. The finance minister is responsible for the fiscal policy of the government and is the head of Finance Ministry.
In India, Banks can accept interest free deposits in ___
- Current Account
- Saving Account
- Demand Deposits
- Term Deposits
Choose the correct option:
Correct Answer: A 
Banks cannot accept interest free deposits other than in current account.
4. Jarawas and Sentinelese tribes are found in which among the following state / Union Territory of India?
Correct Answer: A [Andaman & Nicobar Islands]
5. On which among the following dates, World Hindi Day is celebrated?
Correct Answer: A [January 10]
6. In manufacturing industries of India, a micro enterprise is an enterprise where investment in plant and machinery does not exceed ____?
Correct Answer: D [Rs. 25 Lakh]
7. In context with banking, what is the correct full form of ADF?
Correct Answer: C [Automated Data Flow]
Consider the following taxes:
- Service Tax
- Tax on profession of CA
- Tax on interest earned on investment
Which among the above is / are indirect taxes?
Correct Answer: A [Only 1]
9. Tumkur, where Geological Survey of India has found indications of Gold Reserves, is located in which among the following states?
Correct Answer: B [Karnataka]
10. National Food Grain Movement Plan is primarily related to which among the following?
Correct Answer: C [Modernization of Public Distribution System]