1. Consider the following:
From which among the above, the IMD is receiving and processing meteorological data at present ?
[A] Only 1
[B] 1 & 3
[C] 1 & 2
[D] 2 & 3
2. Consider the following:
1. Patkai hills
2. Manipur hills
3. Mizo hills
4. Naga hills
Which among the above make the Purvanchal Range?
[A] 1 & 2
[B] 1 2, & 3
[C] 1, 2 3, & 4
[D] 2, 3 & 4
3. Consider the following Hills of India:
1. Bateshwar hills
2. Biligiriranga Hills
3. Chin Hills
4. Dhosi Hill
Which among the following presents a correct set of states in which they are located?
[A] Rajasthan, Karnataka, Nagaland, Haryana
[B] Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Rajasthan
[C] Bihar, Karnataka, Manipur, Haryana
[D] Bihar, Karnataka, Mizoram, Haryana
4. Comparing to other regions, the day night temperature difference will be maximum in which among the following regions?
[C] Tropical Deserts
5. Consider the following:
1. Pygmalion Point
2. Magnetic Hill
3. Point Calimere
4. False Divi Point
Which among the following sets of states represents the above distinct geographical location of India?
[A] Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jammu & Kashmir, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh
[B] Tamil nadu, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
[C] Lakshadweep, Jammu & Kashmir,
[D] Manipur, Nagaland, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh
6. The shaded area in the given map shows which among the following systems?
[A] Dharwar System
[B] Kudappa system
[C] Vindhyan System
[D] Damuda series
7. In which of the following seasons, brief squalls and thunderstorms known as Kalbaisakhi, or Nor’westers, often occur in West Bengal?
[A] Early winter
[B] Late winter
[C] Early summer
[D] Rainy Season
8. In context with the tides, if a high tide occurs at a particular place at 8.00 AM. What time we can expect the next high tide?
[A] 8.00 PM
[B] 8.12 PM
[C] 8.25 PM
[D] 8.50 PM
9. Which among the following is the single largest irrigated area in the world?
[A] Indus Valley
[B] Brahamputra Valley
[C] Ganga Basin
[D] Mahanadi Basin
10. Copper is mainly found in the form of Sulfide deposits, Carbonate deposits and Silicate deposits. Which among the following is the correct set of the copper ores in the same order respectively?
[A] Chalcopyrite, Azurite, Dioptase
[B] Azurite,Dioptase, Chalcopyrite
[C] Dioptase, Chalcopyrite, Azurite
[D] Dioptase, Azurite, Chalcopyrite
11. In collaboration with an organization in which among the following countries, the Ministry of Earth Science has launched ‘Project Varsamana’ as a cornerstone of the Indian meteorological department modernization programme?
[A] United States
12. Consider the following statements:
1. The existing Micro Irrigation Scheme (MIS) has been converted into a National Mission on Micro Irrigation (NMMI) in the 11th plan period
2. Only small and marginal farmers are included in the National Mission on Micro Irrigation (NMMI)
Which among the above statements is/ are correct ?
[A] Only 1 is correct
[B] Only 2 is correct
[C] Both 1 & 2 are correct
[D] neither 1 nor 2 is correct
13. Consider the following:
1. Constitution (106th Amendment) Bill, 2006
2. Constitution (111th) Amendment Bill, 2009
The above two amendment bills are related to which among the following respectively?
[A] Panchayats, Cooperatives
[B] Cooperatives, Panchayats
[C] Panchayats, Panchayats
[D] Cooperatives, Cooperatives
14. Consider the following:
Which among the above are covered in the Minimum Support Price Mechanism?
[A] Only 1
[B] Only 1 & 2
[C] Only 1, 2 & 3
[D] 1, 2, 3 & 4
15. Which among the following presents the period of an agricultural crop year in India?
[A] August to July
[B] July to June
[C] June to May
[D] May to April