Quiz 397: Geography for Public Service Examinations
1. Which among the following is the correct location of Earth’s magnetosphere?
Correct Answer: C [Beyond Ionosphere]
Oxygen-18 has been frequently used in Palaeoclimatology to measure / estimate climate changes in the history of Earth. Consider the following statements in this context:
- It helps in measuring the average atmospheric temperature
- Water molecules containing the heavier O-18 evaporate at a higher temperature
- When temperature increases the Ratio of O-18 to O-16 will be higher
Which among the above statements are correct ?
Correct Answer: C [2 & 3 only]
measuring the average oceanic surface temperature
3. What is Chernozem?
Correct Answer: D [Black Soil]
Consider the following statements regarding the abyssal zones:
- It is the deepest water zone of the seas
- It represents temperatures around 2 to 3 degrees Celsius
- It is below hadal zone and bathyal zone
Which among the above statements are correct
Correct Answer: D [2 only]
Deepest is benthic zone, followed by demersal zone.
5. The unit less measure of Earth’s reflectivity which is combined effect of all shortwave losses is known as ___?
Correct Answer: C [Earth Albedo]
6. Due to which of the following winds, Central Europe enjoys a warmer climate ?
Correct Answer: B [Foehn]
7. What is the number of known crystalline phases of water?
8. The aeration zone in earth’s lithosphere lies at ___?
Correct Answer: B [Below earth surface & above Water Table]
9. The correct location of Milwaukee Deep is ___________?
Correct Answer: A [Puerto Rico Trench]
It is the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean and is part of the Puerto Rico Trench
10. Which among the following is the tide of minimum rise?
Correct Answer: B [Low Tide]