Quiz 383: India’s Finance, Banking & Economy for All Examinations
1. National Physical Laboratory is located at:
Correct Answer: D [New Delhi]
2. In which year the Bank of Baroda entered the capital market with an Initial Public Offering (IPO)?
3. Which among the following function of RBI gives most clear indication that it is Bankers’ Bank in India?
Correct Answer: C [Liquidity Adjustment Facility]
Issuance of currency makes RBI the sole agent of the government to issue currency notes, Ways and means advances are advances to the state and central government, Maintenance of currency chests comes under currency management, Collection of credit information is related to regulation of borrowers, Liquidity adjustment facility is the most appropriate option which gives an indication of RBI working as bankers` Bank.
4. In context with banking in India, March 16, 1949 is a date which marks:
Correct Answer: C [Banking Regulation act coming in Force]
5. A Rs. 50 note with a * (star) in the number panel between the prefix and the serial number indicates that _________?
Correct Answer: C [This note was printed by RBI to replace a defectively printed banknote]
6. Consider the following:
1. International Monetary Fund
2. Word Bank
3. World Trade Organization
4. US Treasury Department
5. US Federal Bank
Which among the above institutions were a part of Washington Consensus?
Correct Answer: C [1,2 & 4]
7. Hundies are normally __________?
Correct Answer: B [Bills of Exchanges]
8. The Union Bank of India would like to use an account of State bank of India in Citibank of New York in dollars. For Union Bank of India it is a _________?
Correct Answer: C [LORO Account]
9. Which among the following body publishes Incoterms?
Correct Answer: B [International Chamber of Commerce]
10. In which of the following situations, the current ratio, net working capital and debt equity ratio of a Bank will improve?
Correct Answer: B [If the bank issues rights shares]