DD Arun Prabha Channel Among Other Programmes Launched
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the DD ‘Arun Prabha’ Channel in Itanagar on 9th February. It is a 24×7 satellite television channel for Arunachal Pradesh. It is also Doordarshan’s second channel for the north-eastern region, after DD North East.
Several projects worth over Rs. 4000 crore were inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi, the major ones include –
- Construction of Greenfield Airport at Hollongi and a retrofitted airport at Tezu in Lohit district (Greenfield projects are project lacking any constraints imposed upon it by prior work or existing infrastructure. It means the project has to be built from scratch. The projects which includes modification or upgradation of existing infrastructure are called Brownfield projects)
- A 110 MW Pare Hydroelectric Power Plant was dedicated to the nation
- Foundation stone for a permanent campus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) at Jote was laid
- 50 health and wellness centers were inaugurated
- Foundation stone was laid for a 6 Lane Bridge over the River Brahmaputra connecting Guwahati and North Guwahati in Assam
About the 6 Lane Bridge in Assam
- The total project cost will be Rs. 1925 Crores
- The total Bridge length will be 1600 m
- Project corridor will start from Bharalamukh on the South bank of the Brahmaputra and will end at at NH-31 near Gauripur junction on the North Bank of the Brahmaputra
The Northeast is a region that has remained a bit aloof from the so-called ‘main’ India owing to its different culture, traditions and political strata. However, the Government has started to take steps in bridging the gap by ensuring more connectivity and development. The Bogibeel bridge was constructed in Assam. Similarly all these projects will have a positive impact on Arunachal Pradesh. The Airports will increase connectivity, the new channel will develop information dissemination. The new bridge in Assam after construction will reduce the travel time between the end-points from one and a half hour to 15 minutes. All these if implemented properly and on time will leave a positive consequence for India strategically.
Topics: Arunachal Pradesh , Bogibeel Bridge , Brahmaputra River , Dibrugarh district , Geography of India , Guwahati , Northeast India , Seven Sister States , States and union territories of India , Subdivisions of India , Territorial disputes of China , Tezu