Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections
- Why the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana failed to deliver?
- What are your views on the glaring targeting challenge in the welfare programs in India?
- Despite various laws, the problem of bonded labour is still existing in India. Discuss the causes and solutions for the existing problem.
- Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojna has played a significant role in increasing financial inclusion. Analyze its performance in achieving its objectives.
- Highlight the gender-specific challenges faced during disaster management. In this regard, discuss, how the disaster management cycle can be made more gender sensitive.
- Explain how the e-Shram portal can help to address the issues faced by workers in the informal sector in India.
- Although, the state has the right incentive and intentions to deliver public services efficiently, its capacity to do so is questionable. Critically discuss in the context of India.
- In the context of primary healthcare in India, the only way to fulfill the objectives of equitable and comprehensive care is to democratize it. Discuss.
- Discuss the threat posed by Covid-19 on the safety and wellbeing of children all over the world. What steps have been taken by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights in this regard?
- Women in India do not enjoy their full reproductive rights. Highlight the interventions adopted to remove these barriers.
- The NALSA judgement of Supreme Court provided the right for self-determination of gender; however, its spirit got diluted with the passage of Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act 2019. Analyze.
- Discuss the role of wage employment in poverty alleviation and how is MGNREGA different from it.
- Highlight the steps taken by government of India for integrating the tribals into the mainstream. Also discuss the challenges faced in integrating them.
- Microcredit has multiple advantages but its effectiveness as a financial tool has come under question in recent times. Discuss in the context of India.
- Throw some light on the concept of gender budgeting and mention reasons behind its poor status in India. Also, suggest measures to address these issues.
- Discuss the importance for providing social security to gig workers. Highlight the challenges that exist in this regard.
- For increasing Ease of Doing Business and making India an attractive investment destination, it is imperative to deal with the complexities and high compliance costs associated with existing labour laws at both centre and state level. Discuss. What steps have been taken by the central government to address these challenges?
- The social evil of debt bondage or bonded labour in still in continuance even after 75 years of independence. Examine the reasons behind it and discuss steps to be taken for its redress.
- Examine how the PMAY-G has been considerably successful and marked improvement over previous rural housing schemes in India.
- While the welfare initiatives are needed for empowerment of people, the freebies culture is detrimental and cultivates a patron-client syndrome. Examine in context of governance in India.
- Comment on the need to improve disabled people’s access to entertainment. How can this be achieved?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock