Urbanization Their Problems and Their Remedies
- India is becoming increasingly urban, but simultaneously the number of the urban poor is also increasing. Discuss the problems that the urban poor face. Also, discuss the measures that can be taken to face this challenge.
- Looking at all poverty from the rural perspective and applying rural solutions to urban conditions will not yield results. Discuss the statement in context of differences between urban and rural poverty in India.
- The risk and impact of natural disasters has increased a manifold in recent times because of the rapid and unplanned urbanization along with high population growth. Discuss the measures needed to address the issue in India.
- Highlight the benefits of urban forests and steps taken by the government to promote urban forestry in India.
- What are Peri-urban areas? Highlight the problems of Peri-urban areas in India and also suggest corrective measures.
- Highlight the factors behind fast-paced rural to urban migration and discuss the challenges arising out of it, mainly for the economically weaker sections. Also suggest measures to address this issue.
- The overflowing rivers and heavy rains are not the only reasons behind the issue of urban flooding; the problem is magnified due to the uninformed ways in which our cities are coping with urbanization. Elaborate. Also, mention the National Disaster Management Authority guidelines on urban floods.
- Examine the need of a new policy for the planning and management of cities in a sustainable manner.
- The state policies and actions have proved to be inadequate to address the challenges of rapid urbanisation. Analyse.
- Climate change is affecting everyone on the planet, but the most severe crisis will be faced by the coastal areas. In this context, discuss the challenges faced by coastal cities due to climate change.
- How significant a contributor is the housing sector to the GHG emissions? What are various government’s initiatives to boost the green housing sector?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.