Security Challenges and Their Management in Border Areas
- How illegal transborder migration does pose a threat to India's security? Discuss the strategies to curb this, bring out the factors which give impetus to such migration.
- In 2012, the longitudinal marking of the high-risk areas for piracy was moved from 65° East to 78° east in the Arabian Sea by International Maritime organisation. What impact does this have on India's maritime security concerns?
- China and Pakistan have entered into an agreement for development of an economic corridor. What threat does it dispose for India's security? Critically examine.
- Trace the history of the so called "Terai rights"movements in Nepal. To what extent the recently promulgated constitution has addressed the issue of Terai Rights and rights of other groups? Examine.
- Examine the various phases of Nepal's transformation from a Hindu monarchy to secular republic giving reference to the various Constitutions in the country.
- Are states in India competent to make laws on National Security along with Public law and Order? Discuss in the light of recently passed GCTOC and provisions of seventh schedule in the constitution of India.
- India's Border Area Development Programme (BADP) not only provides comprehensive approach to Border Management, but also focuses on socio-economic development of the people living in border areas. Critically discuss the success and failures of this programme with respect to India's borders on eastern and western front.
- With respect to the maritime security threats, elucidate the meaning and components of the Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA) while discussing India's efforts towards achieving complete Maritime Domain Awareness.
- Despite being the most peaceful border in Asia, the Indo-Nepal border is not free of critical problems. Discuss while suggesting way forward.
- Discuss various strategies followed by Indian forces to guard the country's borders against illegal immigration.
- What do you understand by Non-traditional threats? Discuss while role of Indian Navy towards identification and control of non-traditional threats in Indian Ocean.
- To what extent India's coastal security apparatus has strengthened since the Mumbai terror attacks? Do you identify some critical gaps in the same? Examine critically.
- Critically analyze the success or failures of Border Area Development Programme in North East India.
- What role is being played by Satellites in India's border management currently? Elucidate.
- White shipping and Maritime Security
- While underlining the role of technology in border management, discuss the objectives and contours of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS).
- Critically examine India's potential role as a "Net Security Provider" in the South Asia / Indian Ocean region while highlighting the significant structural and institutional impediments that inhibit India's capacity to fulfill the said role.
- What is free movement regime? How does the border management pact will regulate the free movement regime?
- Discuss the demographic and security related dangers created in India by illegal immigrants. What legislative and administrative measures have been taken so far to address the issue?
- How the proposed concept of "Border Protection Grid"would prevent illegal intrusion in India? Explain.
- Elucidate the salient features of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS). Discuss challenges in its implementation.
- What in your opinion are the five major security challenges which will be faced by the next Indian government?
- How the Army is undertaking waste disposal at the strategically significant Siachen?
- In context of the Godhra riots, 2002, discuss the findings of the Nanavati Commission, which has been recently tabled in the Gujarat Assembly.
- Predictive Policing & Its Usage
- Importance of the Chief of Defence staff
- India is becoming a major destination as well as a transit hub for drug trafficking in South Asia. Discuss the reasons behind it and also its implications on the internal security of India.
- Effective border management can only be done by developing the border areas. Discuss, in this context, how the Border Area Development Programme can help to solve the problems associated with border areas.
- Discuss the challenges in dealing with bioterrorism. What are the existing measures that India has to counter biological attacks? Is there a need for Bio-terrorism law? Analyze.
- Discuss the potential of “Integrated Law Enforcement Centres” and “Smart walls” on India’s border areas to address the prevailing security challenges.
- Throw some light on the recent reforms that have been undertaken by India in strengthening its National Security Architecture.
- The use of drones for attack and illegal purposes has increased rapidly in past few years by both state and non-state actors. In the light of such security threats, discuss the challenges and capabilities of India to deal with them.
- The problem of trafficking of women and children is huge in India, highlight the factors behind it and steps taken in recent times to combat it.
- Discuss the significance of the Arihant SLBM launch with regards to India’s nuclear deterrence capacity. Also comment on how the SLBM differs from its land-based counterpart.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.