Salient Features Significant Provisions of Constitution
- What do you understand by the concept "freedom of speech and expression"? Does it cover hate speech also? Why do the films in India stand on a slightly different plane from other forms of expression? Discuss.
- Compare the social and political impacts of fifth and sixth schedule of Constitution under which tribal areas of India are governed. Why there have been demands to move some fifth schedule areas to sixth schedule? Discuss Critically.
- "India's expatriate community has been long demanding the facility to cast their vote from abroad."Examine the issue and current policy stance of the Government. Why such rights have not been given to domestic migrants? Discuss.
- Jagmohan Dalmiya is truly known as "India's Kerry Packer."Explain.
- Enumerate the fundamental rights pertaining to religious freedom in Constitution of India. Do you agree with the view that Freedom of religion implies freedom to change religion also? Give reasons.
- The implicit fundamental rights in the constitution have been subject to judicial scrutiny time and again. Discuss the issues surrounding the "Right to Privacy" while giving reference to relevant constitutional articles and other such legal instruments.
- Explain the provisions of Article 105 of the Indian Constitution. Does it provide any special immunity to the Members of Parliament outside the parliament also? Discuss while highlighting its significance.
- Restrictions on fundamental right to privacy must be just, reasonable and fair and should be for the larger good of the society and empowerment of people. Discuss critically.
- The very demand for a Universal Civil Code (UCC) for a composite country such as India is deeply misguided. Comment critically.
- Do you agree with the argument that the Anti-defection law violates the right to free speech? Highlight the key issues related to law and suggest reforms.|
- "The constitution of India has kept adjusting itself to the requirements of Indian society without losing its identity and sanctity." Verify the statement citing appropriate examples.
- Discuss the possible implications of replacing the words "all minorities" in Article 30 of the Constitution with words "all sections of citizens having distinct language or religion".
- What constitution gives with one hand, it takes away with other. Critically discuss with reference to fundamental rights in Indian Constitution.
- What are "minority institutions"? How are they different from other institutions? Discuss in the light of constitutional provisions.
- What are the values that you learn from Indian Constitution? Discuss.
- Explain the salient features of the Constitution (One Hundred and First Amendment) Act, 2016. Do you think it is efficacious enough to remove cascading effects of taxes and provide for common national market for goods and services?
- "The adoption of universal adult franchise in the Indian Constitution has allowed unscrupulous and criminal elements to manipulate their way to power, and thus is the biggest bane of Indian politics." To what extent do you agree with this view? Give arguments.
- Many argue that the British system of democracy is not suited to India. Do such arguments have sound logic? How do you counter such arguments? Discuss.
- Discuss the constitutional provisions that ensure non-discrimination against any State by the Centre.
- What is the mandate of Article 312 in the constitution with respect to delegated legislation? Discuss while highlighting what system is in place in India for scrutinizing the delegated legislation.
- Discuss the key landmarks related to fundamental rights from 1928 Nehru Report onward till recent times.
- What are the major hindrances to develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform as envisaged by constitution in fundamental duties? Discuss with suitable examples.
- Is there a provision in Indian constitution for Uniform Civil Code? Explain the Pros and cons of the Uniform Civil Code.
- Explain in detail the provisions of the Article 370 and Article 371A.
- What is the constitutional position of Directive Principles of State Policy? How has it been interpreted by the judiciary after the emergency in 1975-77?
- What are the main differences between the passage of a Constitution Amendment Bill and other Legislative Bills?
- Discuss the Constitutional provisions regarding the rights of children.
- Why India needs a Simple Language Commission?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.