Parliament and State Legislatures in India
- The size of the cabinet should be as big as governmental work justifies and as big as the Prime Minister can manage as a team. How far the efficacy of a government then is inversely related to the size of the cabinet? Discuss.
- Discuss the role of Public Accounts Committee in establishing accountability of the government to the people.
- Discuss the composition and functions of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). What is the relevance of creation of additional bodies comprising several ministers such as current government's Alternative Mechanism (AM) and previous government's GoM (Group of Ministers)?
- "During the first two decades of republic of India, the key attributes and highlights of Parliament were discourse and debate on issues of national importance. With the passage of time, this appears to have eroded and diminished." Do you agree with this view? Give arguments.
- What do you mean by the term Pro-tem speaker? Discuss the duties and functions of a pro-tem speaker.
- Bring out the aberrations of the parliamentary system of government in India.
- How the proposed higher education bill proposes for a watershed change in the Higher Education Sector in India?
- Even though the population has increased there has not been a similar increase in the number of elected representatives. How the strength of Lok Sabha is determined. Discuss why there has been a freeze.
- Discuss the provisions related to reservation of Anglo-Indian members in the Parliament, which has recently been removed.
- Post-poll political alliance
- Impeachment of President in India
- Parliamentary Standing Committees Need To Be More Efficient
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.