Important International Institutions Agencies and Fora
- WTO is an important international institution where decisions taken affect countries in profound manner. What is the mandate of WTO and how binding are their decisions? Critically analyse India's stand on the latest round of talks on Food security.
- What are Special Drawing Rights? What are the requirements for SDR basket inclusion?How will Renminbi's addition impact India and other countries?
- "The importance of TAPI is beyond academic relevance and a subject matter of diplomatic talk shops."Discuss.
- What is the so called "Istanbul process"? Do you agree with the view that Istanbul Process is nothing more than a talk shop? Argue.
- Why India does not want to ratify the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction? Discuss critically.
- The G4 nations should pursue the idea of with or without veto UNSC reforms, as this will break the deadlock in negotiations. Do you agree? Discuss.
- What are the mandate and functions of UN Women? Explain its various activities towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goal-5.
- Elucidate the main functions of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), particularly focusing on its three pillars of activities.
- In around three years of existence, critically discuss what change the New Development Bank has been able to bring in global / regional economic and political power.
- One of the strongest criticisms of the World Bank has been the way in which it is governed. Critically analyze the statement.
- Elucidate the structure and mandate of International Court of Justice.
- What are the objectives of the Bretton Woods Institutions? Discuss why there are vociferous demands for reforms in them.
- How the Judges are elected to International Court of Justice (ICJ)? Discuss the importance of ICJ seat to India's diplomacy.
- How can India reap the benefits if granted a permanent seat to United Nation Security Council (UNSC)? Throw light on the reasons that are impeding India's permanent membership to UNSC.
- Explain in brief the significance of UNSC along with reforms needed at present times. Why India should be given permanent membership to the council?
- Libyaï¿½s UN recognized governmentï¿½s decision to launch a peace initiative which is directed at stabilizing the civil war-stricken country is a welcome step. Comment.
- Foreign governments do not have the right to criticise Indiaï¿½s vibrant democracy and dedication to rule of law. Critically analayse the statement in context of the recent report of United States Commission on International Religious Freedom.
- What is UNSC? What will be the impact if India get a permanent membership to the UNSC?
- India is aiming to win a non-permanent seat at UNSC for 2 years. Do you think Indian government should think in terms changing its image of being a fence-sitter for consolidating its bid for the same?
- The UN Budget 2020 Displays A Shift In Dynamics
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.