Developed Versus Developing Countries Indias Interests
- The removal of sanctions on Iran has significant implications on commercial and trade relations between India and Iran. Discuss.
- What are the reasons of strife between Saudi Arabia and Iran? Do you think that Iran-Saudi Arabia strife may have substantial ramifications for India. Discuss.
- Why is China's economy slowing? While throwing light upon various reasons, examine the effect of China's slowdown on world economy and India.
- Does the growing nuclear ambitions of North Korea points to failure of global community to put pressure on North Korea not to acquire nuclear weapons? Discuss throwing light on its so called Songun policy.
- Despite its geographical setting in the Middle East, Israel is economically tied to western world. With this reference, examine the impacts of so called Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement on Israel. How it has affected the international relations of that country?
- What is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) ? How US decision to terminate DACA will affect the immigrants?
- Despite of several UNSC sanctions, North Korea is able to sustain its nuclear and missile endeavors. Critically analyze the efficacy of economic sanctions towards nuclear disarmament.
- How the proposed European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) seeks to protect the privacy of individuals in Europe? Does it have any implications for business and laws in India also? Elucidate
- While highlighting the demands of the referendum in Catalonia, critically discuss if Spain's response is justified. Discuss.
- What are the key differences between between Saudi Arabia and Iran?
- What could be the ramifications of failure of Iran Nuclear deal on India's interests? Analyze.
- Unlike grants or concessionary loans offered by World Bank, China provides project-related loans at market-based rates and collateralized by strategically important natural assets. How this has affected the debtor countries? Discuss taking examples of Hambantota and Mombasa.
- The current thinking in the West of a Shia arc of influence seems to be exaggerated. Discuss.
- What are the reasons for recent unrest in Iran? How these protests are different from those during "Green Movement"? Discuss.
- Throw light on the importance of Israel-Palestine peace process for India. Should India play a mediator role in the same? Give arguments to support your view point.
- How the instability created in the Gulf region poses security concerns for India? Do you think India has adopted a "balance approach"in the ongoing Gulf crisis? Give arguments to support your view point.
- Why it is said that a great game is unfolding in Middle East in recent years in the backdrop of Turkey-Saudi Rivalry?
- What is the possibility of success of a change of stance of the Trump Presidency over the growing tensions with Iran in the region?
- What is the concept of "Thucydides Trap"? Discuss the causes and consequences of the current conditions of trade wars.
- How is Vietnam set to benefit from the on-going trade war between US and China?
- Do you think India should refrain from taking sides as the competition between the US and China further intensifies?
- What are the challenges for India posed by the growing ties between Russia and China?
- It seems China has to go against its own grain and give Hong Kong enough space to run its own affairs. Comment.
- The situation which is developing in the Gulf between US and Iran can be referred to as the Game of Chicken. Comment.
- The US needs to tone down its maximum pressure tactics with Iran as there are no apparent plans between the latter and a potential military conflict. Comment.
- Direct talks between US, Iran are the only way to de-escalate tensions. A new framework and a new balance is the need of the hour. Comment.
- The term ï¿½Indo-Pacificï¿½ has incited mixed response in the strategic community of India. Do you think that the coining of the term was a US strategy to redefine the geo-politics of the region. Comment.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.