Constitutional Statutory Regulatory and Quasi Judicial Bodies
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in India can be most effective when its tasks are adequately supported by other mechanisms that ensure the accountability of a government. In light of the above observation assess the role of NHRC as an effective complement to the judiciary and other institutions in promoting and protecting human rights standards.
- Examine the composition and importance of Law Commission of India.
- Discuss the powers of Election Commission of India with respect to registration, delisting and deregistration of political parties. Do you agree with the view that the recent amendment of FCRA underlines need for more teeth to the Election Commission? Justify your answer.
- Unlike courts, the role and responsibility of tribunals is directly linked to and is subordinate to executive.. Do you agree? Explain.
- What is the mandate of Section 123 of the Representation of the People Act? Explain while keeping in focus the recent Supreme Court Judgement.
- Despite of so many years passed of establishment of Inter-state Council, it remains an underutilized and ignored constitutional body. Discuss critically.
- Though Inter-state Council was established as a constitutional body, many of its functions remained eclipsed by the extra-constitutional bodies. Discuss while analyzing the relevance of Inter-state Council suggesting way forward.
- The independence of CBI has been questioned time and again. Can CBI be made more autonomous without affecting its accountability mechanism? Discuss.
- While critically scrutinizing their roles, justify why the Departmentally-related standing committees are called Mini-parliaments? Suggest steps to make their functioning even better.
- To what extent, the functions of Inter-state Council, Zonal Councils and NITI Aayog overlap with each other? In what areas? Explain.
- Why the mechanism of ad-hoc tribunals to adjudicate the dispute between the riparian states has failed to realize its objectives? Can this mechanism be replaced with mediations? Give reasoned opinion.
- Discuss the achievements and failures of National Human Rights Commission.
- What are aims and objectives of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) of NITI Aayog?
- What are your views regarding the extent of user vulnerability in digital media?
- What are the objectives of National Green Tribunal? Give a brief overview of the different laws in legal jurisdiction of NGT Act.
- NITI Aayog can play an important role in rejuvenating the fiscal federalism of India. Comment.
- Can the Health Index by NITI Aayog act as a Handy Tool for Governance? Comment.
- Why the opinion of Rajasthan Human Rights Commission on live-in relations is derogatory?
- Discuss whether the introduction of the electoral bond system has made the donation system opaque.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.