Changes in Critical Geographical Features
- Highlighting the geographical and economic importance of the Hindukush-Himalayan region, outline the changes in the critical geographical features and the consequence it will have.
- Explain the concept of Carbon Compensation Depth. Discuss the implications of rise in this depth due to anthropogenic activities.
- What is Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC)? Discuss the reasons for recent decline in the AMOC and its associated impact.
- It’s not just the geographical conditions that have led to recurring floods in Eastern India. Discuss and also suggest measures to tackle this menace.
- The de-oxygenation of oceans is one of the most detrimental effects of anthropogenic activities, however it is under-reported. Identify the factors behind it and mention its socio-economic and environmental implications.
- The rapid decline of water resources in India is not just due to geographical factor, rather there are political and economic factors too. Discuss along with its implications.
- The third pole of the earth not only important for geographical reasons but also for economic and civilizational aspects of the Indian Subcontinent. Explaining the importance of the region, examine the consequences of its changing features.
- Examine the reasons behind Arabian sea becoming cyclone hotbed, which otherwise is a cyclone shy water body.
- Peninsular India is a stable region with very less seismic activities, however the region has witnessed several earthquakes. Discuss with examples.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.