GS-III: Achievements of Indians in Science Technology
- Despite India's scientific prowess, the country has failed to produce any path-breaking research or Nobel Laureates for the last several decades. Discuss critically.
- How was India benefitted from the contributions of Sir M.Visvesvaraya and Dr. M. S. Swaminathan in the fields of water engineering and agricultural science respectively?
- Apart from a few notable individual achievements, the overall participation of women in scientific research has been very low. Examine the steps taken by the government in this regard.
- Despite the huge promise of satellite-based internet connectivity, it hasn’t gained traction on a significant commercial scale, especially in India. Discuss.
- To enhance the diffusion of space technology and boost the space economy, the government is encouraging the participation of private sector in space activities. In light of the statement, discuss the significance of Indian space Association in providing an impetus to space technology in India.
- Highlight the multifaceted role played by ISRO in diversified developmental activities of the nation apart from its core work of launching satellites.
- What are lead-acid batteries? How could these batteries help India in achieving the SDGs?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock