IFoS Notification 2019: 90 Vacancies
Union Public Service Commission has issued notifications for conducting Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Indian Forest Services. Please find detailed information regarding the vacancies below.
Last date for receipt of online application: 18.03.2019 till 6.00 PM
Date of Preliminary Examination: 02.06.2019
Month of Main Examination: December, 2019
Number of Vacancies: 90
How to Apply
Eligible candidates must ensure that they possess the necessary qualifications and fulfil all the required criteria before applying for the posts.
Interested candidates need to apply online by visiting the Official Website. No other mode of application submission would be accepted.
Candidates should have valid a personal E-mail ID. It should be kept active till the recruitment process is fully complete.
If the applicants are submitting multiple applications, then they should note that only the applications with higher Registration ID will be considered by the Commission.
Candidates should keep the following ready before registering applications:
- Valid E-mail id
- Scanned copy of latest passport size coloured photograph. (jpg format; 3 KB to 40KB).
- Scanned signature in digital format (jpg format; 1 KB to 3 KB).
Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Selection of candidates for all the posts would be made on the basis of the performance of the eligible candidates in the following:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
- The examination will have two papers of 200 marks each
- It will consist of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The General Studies Paper-II is of qualifying nature with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- Question papers will be set in English and Hindi.
- Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
|1||Paper I—General English||300|
|2||Paper II—General Knowledge||300|
|3||Paper III- Optional Subject I (Paper I)||200|
|4||Paper IV- Optional Subject I (Paper II)||200|
|5||Paper V- Optional Subject II (Paper I)||200|
|6||Paper VI- Optional Subject II (Paper II)||200|
- Question papers will be of conventional (essay) type.
- Duration for each paper: 3 hours
- Question paper will be set in English and Hindi.
List of Optional Subjects for Mains Examination
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Botany (v) Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
However, the candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Agriculture and Forestry.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering—not more than one subject;
Minimum: 21 years
Maximum: 32 years
Cut Off Date: 01.08.2019
Upper Age limit is relaxable by:
- 3 years for OBC (Non Creamy Layer).
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- 3 years for Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country.
- 5 years for ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers.
- 10 years for (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Unreserved/OBC candidates: Rs 100
SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates: Nil
The fee has to be paid online through Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
Number of Attempts
Number of Attempts will be 6 for general category candidates.
Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes: 9
Restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates.
Centres for Preliminary Examination
|Name of Centre||Name of Centre||Name of Centre|
|AGARTALA||GHAZIABAD||GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR|
|ANANTPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
Centres for Indian Forest Services (Mains) Examination
- Dispur (Guwahati)
- Port Blair
Syllabi for Preliminary Examination
Paper I – (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and ClimateChange – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II-(200 marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
- UPSC’s Facilitation Counter is located near gate ‘C’ of its campus.
- Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|