Rail Development Authority
Government has approved formation of a Rail Development Authority (RDA) comprising Chairman and three Members. The objective underlying RDA is to get expert advice/make informed decision on:
- Pricing of services commensurate with costs.
- Suggest measures for enhancement of Non Fare Revenue.
- Protection of consumer interests, by ensuring quality of service and cost optimization.
- Promoting competition, efficiency and economy.
- Encouraging market development and participation of stakeholders in the rail sector and for ensuring a fair deal to the stakeholders and customers.
- Creating positive environment for investment.
- Promoting efficient allocation of resources in the Sector.