Proposed National Resource Centre
As part of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Training, The National Institute of Educational Research and Planning (NIEPA) is in the process of rolling out National Resource Centre.
This would aid in enhancing the academic quality across the country:
- A National Resource Centre is envisaged as a one-stop point for Indian academicians to enhance their research and teaching skills.
- This will also make the cooperation between the universities possible.
- Through the resource centre the University and college teachers across the country would be able to connect with experts in their fields of study and also pose queries on academic questions that they wish to be resolved through suggestions offered by these experts or other teachers of their discipline.
- The resource centre will also provide the academicians with an access to the detailed database of academic resources, including lists of books, top journals and subject experts in their area of interest.
- The resource centre will also suggest institutions mechanism to assess students’ satisfaction with teaching and research in the institutions, so that the faculty are able to figure out what students think about their college/university and make improvements.
The national resource centre is being set up with a vision of developing teachers who are able to enhance their potential and push the frontiers of knowledge through research, networking and sharing of existing resources in the competitive knowledge world. This is expected to give a qualitative boost to the academic scenario of the country. [The Hindu]