Gulshan Rai Committee on Cybersecurity
A committee under Gulshan Rai, National Cyber Security Coordinator was constituted by the NDA Government in December 2014. It has recently submitted its report on “Roadmap for Effectively Tackling Cyber Crimes in the Country” to Home Ministry. This committee has made some important recommendations such as:
- Establish a new Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre at cost of Rs 500 crore. This Centre would be linked to NATGRID and CCTNS (Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System) and branches in states to curb the cybercrime. This centre would check attempts of international gangs to penetrate Indian government official communication network.
- Devise an advance application for Social Media Analytics to monitor social media platforms activities related to Ministries of Home, External Affairs, Defence and other government organisations.
- Reduce Government’s dependence on foreign servers and ensure one dedicated secure gateway for all government communication.
- A separate agency for online cyber crime registration, monitoring and integration of CCTNS data with the same.
- Amend the Evidence act to suit the current requirements and prosecute the cybercrimes
- Sensitise the states by setting up cyber forensic laboratories in states along with workshops and international cooperation.
CCTNS aims to connect the police stations of the country to facilitate collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, transfer and sharing of data and information at the police station and between the police station and the State Headquarters and the Central Police Organizations.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|