Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards -2009
The awards are intended to recognise outstanding contribution in –
- Constructive work
- Application of science and technology for rural development
- Upliftment and welfare of women and children and/or Gandhian constructive work by women workers
- Promotion of Gandhian values outside India by individuals other than Indian citizens
Note: On the occasion of the Jamnalal Bajaj Birth Centenary, the foundation conferred on Dr. Nelson Mandela, a Special Award of Rs. 500,000, a citation and a specially sculptured trophy. It was presented on 18 October 1990.
32nd Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation honours winners – 2009
The following are the winners
- Shri Lavanam, Atheist Centre, Vijayawala, Andhra Pradesh, for outstanding Contribution in field of Constructive Work,
- Ayyappa Masagi for Water Literacy Foundation, Dr Jaya Arunachalam for Development and Welfare of Women & Children
- Reverend Father Charles Peter Dougherty for Promoting Gandhian Values outside India.