Branches of Horticulture
The branches of horticulture are as follows:
- Arboriculture: Study of, and the selection, planting, care, and removal of, individual trees, shrubs, vines, and other perennial woody plants.
- Floriculture: Production and marketing of floral crops.
- Landscape horticulture: Production, marketing and maintenance of landscape plants.
- Olericulture: Includes the production and marketing of vegetables.
- Pomology: Production and marketing of fruits.
- Viticulture: Production and marketing of grapes.
- Oenology: All aspects of wine and winemaking.
- Postharvest: Maintaining the quality of and preventing the spoilage of horticultural crops.