Where was ‘World Sangeet Tansen festival’ held?
The 97th edition of the World Sangeet Tansen Festival was started in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh on December 25, 2021.
- World Sangeet Tansen Festival is a five-day festival, that started from December 25 and will conclude on December 30, 2021.
- The stage of the festival has been constructed on the theme of “Siddhanath temple” which is situated in Omkareshwar.
- The formal opening of the ceremony took place on December 26, 2021.
Programs at the festival
- In the music festival, many artists are taking part from India as well as from abroad.
- During the festival, a total of nine musical concerts will be held.
- All the programs are being held in in 2 shifts.
- Morning shift starts from 10 am to 3pm while the evening function starts from 6 pm to 10 pm.
- First seven concerts were held at the stage, that was prepared at mausoleum of Tansen and the tomb of Mohammad Ghaus.
The Eighth concert is scheduled to held on banks of River Jhilmil, on December 30. It will be held in Behat, which is the Birthplace of Tansen. The last brief concert will be held at Gwalior Fort on December 30 itself.
Who was Tansen?
Tansen, also known as Miyan Tan Sen or Ramtanu Pande, was a prominent figure of Hindustani classical music. He was born in a Hindu family and learnt his art in Madhya Pradesh. He started his career and spent most of his adult life in the court and patronage of king of Rewa, Raja Ramchandra Singh. In the court, Tansen’s musical abilities and studies gained huge fame. His reputation gained the attention of Mughal Emperor Akbar, who requested Tansen to join the musicians at Mughal court. In 1562, he joined the Akbar’s court.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|