What is Tarang Suposhit Maharashtracha?
Yashomati Thakur, the Maharashtra’s Women and Child welfare minister inaugurated the platform named ‘ TARANG SUPOSHIT MAHARASHTRACHA. ’ It is built on an interactive voice response system.
This initiative is anticipated to create more recognition about the nutritional demands of women and children in Maharashtra.
Key Features of the Scheme
- The platform gives benefits like helpline, Whatsapp, chatbot, broadcast call and others.
- The helpline contact number 8080809063 gives the guidance on the nutrition food, protect pregnant women, breast-feeding mothers and parents.
- The platform attributes short firms with knowledge about nutrition food. The platform also provides a series of videos on exceptional recipes of nutritional dishes.
- The informative, bilateral and entertaining platform also gives animated videos and series. It also provides videos on the importance of the father’s role in satisfying the nutritional demands of family.
Maharashtra: First in Poshan Mah
Maharashtra ranked first in the recently ended ‘Poshan Mah’ programme in the India. Now, the Women and Child development segment is trying to interact directly with breast-feeding mothers. The segment also directly interacts with the parents of the children to create more recognition about their nutritional demands with the help of technology.
What is Poshan Mah?
‘Poshan Mah’ (nutrition month) is observed in the month of September all over India. It is observed to ensure nutritional changes at the grassroots level. It is also celebrated to obtain the targets laid down under the ‘Poshan Abhiyan’ or the National Nutrition Mission (NNM).
What is National Nutrition Mission?
National Nutrition Mission is also known as POSHAN Abhiyaan. The POSHAN stands for Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition Abhiyaan. It is an Indian Government’s flagship programme to enhance nutritional issue for children, lactating mothers and pregnant women. It was launched by the Prime Minister on the event of International Women’s Day, observed on 8 March, 2018. It governs the attention of the country towards the issue of malnutrition and marks it in a mission-mode.
NITI Aayog has played a main role in moulding the POSHAN Abhiyaan.
Goals of National Nutrition Mission:
- The mission aims to decrease levels of underweight, low-birth weight, stunting and anemia by 2022.
- It will collaborate, enhance better monitoring, issue alerts for timely action, and motivates States/UT s to perform, guide and monitor the line Ministries and States/UT s to fulfill the targeted goals.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs