What is Atal Innovation Mission-Sirius Programme?
The Atal Innovation Mission-Sirius Innovation Programme was launched for India and Russia school children. The programme aims to develop technological solutions for both India and Russia.
The programme is to be held between November 7, 2020 and November 21, 2020. Around 48 students and 16 educators are to participate in the programme. The innovations developed by the students will be from the field of block chain, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
SIRIUS is Scientific International Research in Unique Terrestrial Station. It is a series of experiments that investigates flight to the moon
The programme is jointly held between AIM and SIRIUS based on a Memorandum of Understanding signed during PM Modi’s visit to Russia in 2018.
Atal Innovation Mission
The Atal Innovation Mission was launched to promote entrepreneurship and innovation in the country. The mission aims to develop market ready products in 17 pre-determined focus areas. The areas are as follows
- Dissuading public littering and waste in public spaces
- Decentralized composting
- Mixing blades for composting
- Garbage Composition devices
- Quality of compost
- Safe Transport
- Instant portable water quality testing
- Electric Mobility
- Alternate fuel based transportation
- Smart mobility
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Fog vision system for rail and road
- Prevention of rail failure
- Waste management recycling
- Affordable desalination or recycling technology
- Predictive maintenance of rolling stock
Atal Tinkering Labs
These labs are established in schools spread all over the country. The main objective of Atal Tinkering Labs is to promote creativity in children. It also includes adaptive learning, physical computing and computational thinking. The schemes under Atal Innovation Mission is administered by NITI Aayog.
- The Atal Innovation Mission recently launched Artificial Intelligence Modules in schools in association with National Association of Software and Services (NASSCOM).
- The Council of scientific and Industrial Research have come together to promote innovation by supporting world class startups.
Category: International Current Affairs