West Bengal launches ‘Duare Ration’ scheme
Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee, inaugurated the “Duare Ration Scheme” on November 16, 2021.
- The Duare Ration (ration at doorstep) scheme is going to benefit around 10 crore people of the state.
- Government has also decided to enhance commission for ration dealers from Rs75 to Rs 150 per quintal of food grains.
- Under the scheme, 10 crore people will get their ration at their doorstep on a fixed day in every month.
How Ration will be delivered at doorstep?
- Each dealer will be allowed to appoint at least two persons, to assist them in delivering ration.
- They will get a salary of Rs 10,000 per month, of which government will pay Rs 5,000 and rest will be paid by the dealer.
- By doing do, 21,000 dealers would create 42,000 jobs. This is benefit Local youth.
- Dealers will also get a financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh from government, for purchasing vehicles to deliver ration.
- For this scheme, government will be spending Rs160 crore.
Taking ration to each doorstep is a tough job. Thus, it will take around one year to complete one locality. Till then, government will divide one stretch of a road into four parts to distribute ration to the people. The locals require to be informed about the distribution in advance.
To make this scheme, more ration dealers will be needed. Thus, the working capital to apply for a ration dealer will be decreased from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 50,000. It will help more people to apply for dealership.
Khadya Sathi: Amar Ration Mobile App
West Bengal government also inaugurated the “Khadya Sathi: Amar Ration Mobile App” on the occasion. This app will help people to apply for ration cards and get related information. For the same purpose, a WhatsApp chatbot for Food & Supplies Department was also inaugurated.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|