Web version of e-GOPALA application launched
Web version of e-GOPALA application was launched on August 28, 2021.
- Web version of e-GOPALA has been developed by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- Portal was launched to aid dairy farmers.
- NDDB also launched IMAP web portal that provides real-time information to the dairy farmers in order to provide better productivity of dairy animals.
- Web portal was launched in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream of ‘Digital India’.
About e-GOPALA App
The e-Gopala App is a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal, directly used by farmers.
Significance of e-GOPALA platform
e-GOPALA platform will help farmers to manage their livestock including buying and selling of disease-free germplasm like semen, embryos, etc. It will also inform regarding the availability of quality breeding services as well as guide farmers on animal nutrition & treatment of animals with the help of appropriate Ayurvedic ethno veterinary medicine. It also comprises of mechanism to send alert regarding due date for vaccination, pregnancy diagnosis & calving and provide information to farmers about government schemes. Portal will facilitate real time checking of coverage and progress of several projects and government schemes.
Digital India Mission
Digital India Mission was launched in 2015. The mission has been enabled for several Government schemes like Make in India, BharatNet, Startup India and Standup India etc. It was launched with the objective of preparing India for a knowledge future and making technology central to enable change. It works in the areas of:
- Providing Digital infrastructure as Utility to Every Citizen.
- Providing Governance and services on demand.
- Digital empowerment of every citizen.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|