Varanasi-Chunar Cruise Service begins to boost Tourism
The Varanasi-Chunar Cruise service started on September 5, 2021 and added a new dimension to the tourism facilities in Varanasi.
- This cruise service in Ganga River will run from Varanasi to historic Chunar fort in Mirzapur.
- Tourists travelling to Varanasi can now travel around 30 km long journey in River Ganga.
- Tourists can now enjoy the day-long luxury cruise ride which starts at 9 a.m. in the morning from Ravidas ghat.
- It returns back to Varanasi at around 5pm from the Chunar fort.
- State government is further planning to extend this journey till Sangam in Prayagraj.
The Chunar Fort
Chunar Fort is located in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh. Chunar town is also situated below the fort. Both the places are historic places with common history and legends. It is located 23 kilometres south west of Varanasi. South-eastern part of the fort touches the rocky bank of the Ganges River. The history span of the fort is from 56 BC and between Afghan decedent Sher Shah Suri’s rule, the Mughal Empire rule, as well as the Maratha rule in 1782 to 1804. British Raj occupied this fort till 1947 when India gained independence.
Sant Ravidas Ghat
Ravidas ghat is the southernmost and largest ghat in Varanasi. It is known for an important religious place Ravidasis comprising of a 25 acres park known as Sant Ravidas Smarak Park. Its creation was announced in in February 2008 and was inaugurated in 2009.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|