UNSDG Influential People in Healthcare Award: Acharya Balkrishna
The ‘UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Healthcare Award’ was received by Acharya Balkrishna, Managing Director (MD,) of Patanjali Ayurved Limited on behalf of India’s Patanjali Group of Institutions in Geneva, Switzerland.
About Acharya Balkrishna
- He is a close aide of Baba Ramdev, renowned Yoga guru.
- He was invited to represent India at UNSDG. He was awarded by UNSDG in relation to global health scenario and how these prevalent lifestyle diseases can be treated with Ayurveda, Yoga and other traditional Indian methods and Patanjali’s contribution towards achieving this.
- He dedicated award received to all those who worked hard mainstream Yoga and Ayurveda at global level.
- He was among the five keynote speakers of UNSDG (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals) organization. Others include Randy Oostra (UNICEF executive director) Henrietta H Fore (WHO director-general) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and Abe Lee.
About Patanjali Ayurved
- It is an Indian consumer goods company which produces wide range Ayurvedic medicinal and personal care products, among other consumer items.
- Renowned yoga guru Baba Ramdev co-founded the company along with Acharya Balkshrina.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|